It’s the weekend, it’s raining, I have a book to write, and my husband has all sorts of work deadlines. So what’s a hungry couple with two kids in college and no extra money to do? Make the most amazing hot chocolate ever! I hope you’re having a great weekend.
This is the most amazing hot chocolate ever. And if you drop a peppermint chocolate kiss into the mug, it makes a perfect peppermint hot cocoa. Wonderful on a snowy or rainy Sunday!
2 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
Yields 4 servings
- 1 14-oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups hot water
- Whipped cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate peppermint kisses
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the evaporated milk, cocoa and vanilla extract.
- While it heats, slowly stir in hot water.
- Heat through, stirring constantly.
- Pour into mugs and top with favorite toppings.
Sharon Wray is a librarian who once studied dress design in the couture houses of Paris and now writes novels of suspense, adventure, and love. The author of the Romantic Suspense Deadly Force Series, her debut book Every Deep Desire releases on March 6, 2018 and is still available for pre-order.